- Vilnius University Law studies graduate, 1977.
- PhD studies in International Law, Vilnius University, 1980-1982.
- PhD in International Law, M.V.Lomonosov Moscow State University, 1983.
- Diploma of Center of studies and Research of the Hague Academy of International Law, 1988.
- Habilitated Doctor of Law in International Law, University of Warsaw, 1995.
- Training Centre for the Unified Patent Court (UPC), training of candidate judges, 2014 and 2015
- Vilnius University, Faculty of Law (1977-2004), Professor since 1997, Holder of the Jean Monnet Chair of the European Union Law established under the auspices of European Commission (2000-2004).
- Government of the Republic of Lithuania, Advisor on foreign affairs, Head of foreign affairs service at the Office of the Prime Minister, 1991-1993.
- Attorney at Law, K. Stungys Law Office, 1996-1997.
- Director General, European Law Department, Government of the Republic of Lithuania, 1997-2004.
- Negotiator, member of State Delegation of the Republic of Lithuania in the EU accession negotiations, member of several Lithuanian delegations and groups in bilateral negotiations with Latvia, Poland, Russia, Switzerland, other countries and organizations, 1991-2004.
- Judge of the General Court of the European Union, 2004-2013.
- Istanbul Yeditepe University, Faculty of Law, Professor of European Union Law and Competition Law, 2014-2015.
- Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration, arbitrator since 2015.
- Attorney at Law, Law Offices Vadapalas, Vaitekūnas and Partners EUROLEX since 2016.
- European Law Institute (Vienna), member since 2012.
Research fellowships and internships at:
- University of Paris II (Université de Paris II, Panthéon-Assas, Institut des hautes études internationales);
- Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law (Max Planck Institut für ausländisches öffentliches Recht und Völkerrecht, Heidelberg);
- Swiss Insitute of Comparative Law (Institut Suisse de droit comparé, Lausanne);
- Norton Rose Law Firm, London.
European Union law, international law, human rights, competition law, trademark law, patent law, company law, IT law, arbitration, representation before the courts of the Republic of Lithuania, international courts, arbitral tribunals and other institutions.
Lithuanian, English, French, German, Polish and Russian.
- Order for Merits to Lithuania, Cross of the Knight
- Order of the Academic Palms, Knight (France, Ordre des Palmes académiques)